Aim of Wardley CE Primary School’s PSHE policy
To provide pupils with the knowledge, understanding, attitudes, values and skills they need in order to reach their potential as individuals and within the community.
Pupils are encouraged to take part in a wide range of activities and experiences across and beyond the curriculum, contributing fully to the life of their school and communities. In doing so they learn to recognise their own worth, work well with others and become increasingly responsible for their own learning. They reflect on their experiences and understand how they are developing personally and socially, tackling many of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
They learn to understand and respect our common humanity; diversity and differences so that they can go on to form the effective, fulfilling relationships that are an essential part of life and learning.
In our school PSHE is delivered through the Jigsaw PSHE scheme.
Objectives/Pupil learning intentions:
Jigsaw PSHE will support the development of the skills, attitudes, values and behaviour, which enable pupils to:
- Have a sense of purpose
- Value self and others
- Form relationships
- Make and act on informed decisions
- Communicate effectively
- Work with others
- Respond to challenge
- Be an active partner in their own learning
- Be active citizens within the local community
- Explore issues related to living in a democratic society
- Become healthy and fulfilled individuals
For further information about how PSHE is delivered at Wardley through the Jigsaw scheme to achieve these objectives please see the following documents:
- The Jigsaw approach to PSHE in the Foundation Stage.
- The Jigsaw approach to PSHE in Y1 to Y6.
- The parent/carer guide to Jigsaw Sex & Relationship Education
- The PSHE Policy.
- The Sex & Relationship Education Policy.