Year 2 Update 15.06.20 - 19.06.20
Date: 11th Jun 2020 @ 9:09am
Morning Year 2!
I hope you all had a good week last week. I was in Year 6 teaching about the Titanic, Shakespeare, Greek myths and algebra - which was different to Year 2, but still really enjoyable. I learnt a lot and I hope the children did too. I hope you enjoyed last week's book and our science task. Lots of you uploaded pictures of the experiment and said you had fun doing it, which is brilliant. I am sure this week's work will be just as enjoyable. I am having lots of fun finding different types of books and creative tasks that give you plenty of variety and that I think you will really love to do.
I think most of us have got used to the new blogs and discussion pages now but If you can’t remember what the changes are look back at the first new blog (01.06.20-05.06.20) which sets them out in more detail.
Each week, on the weekly blog you will find:
- 5 a day activity sheets - there are three sheets, sheets A, B and C. You do not have to do all three. You can pick the one you would like to do. Choose Sheet A if you want to be more stretched.
- Maths No Problem. Workbook 2B, Chapter 14, Worksheets 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 over the week. Remember, you can now pick up your Maths No Problem textbook from school, in order for you to write directly into your book rather than downloading these worksheets, if you haven't already done so.
- Maths mat
- 2 x Writing Tasks. Read the poem Stanley's Stick by the poet John Hegley and you can watch and listen to a lovely version of it on You tube at: https://youtu.be/HfIuIQaOLlY
- SPAG mat
- 2 x Comprehension Tasks. Lots of the comprehensions uploaded over the coming weeks will have 3 levels of questioning per title. Do not do all three. You can pick the one you would like to do. Choose the third set of questions if you want to be more stretched.
- Topic task – which this week is an art task based on the work of British sculptor, photographer, and environmentalist Andy Goldsworthy.
You will also find:
- 5 Mathletics tasks (for the week)
- New spellings on Spellodrome
- Times Table Rockstars
You will need to get outside this week, collecting things like sticks, leaves and stones for your art work so I hope the weather is good. But even if it isn't, get your wellies on, get outside and make sure you include lots of play and outdoor activities into your routine. Have a fabulous week Year 2!
Bye for now
Mrs Mackay J