Year 2 Update 01.06.20 - 05.06.20
Date: 29th May 2020 @ 8:56pm
Morning Year 2 & Year 2 Parents!
Hope you have had a fabulous week off. The weather was beautiful, so I expect you have spent plenty of time outdoors enjoying the sunshine and getting out for family walks, bike rides or time in your gardens. Archie and I have enjoyed the sunshine but I have been very busy at home and at school preparing for the new Summer Term.
Things are going to be run slightly differently this half term because teachers are back in school with a small number of children. The home learning will continue but there will be some changes to blogs, homework pages and discussions.
- Each Monday there will now be a weekly blog, written by me. This will include your learning for the whole week. So there may seem lots of things attached to the blog but, don’t worry, you aren’t expected to do all of these things in one day, they are to last you all week. And remember, you don’t have to do everything. I am just putting plenty of things on the webpage to give you lots of variety. You do not need to print everything off. You can simply write the answers into your yellow book. If you need a new book then feel free to come to school to collect one.
- In future, all writing tasks will be attached to the weekly blog rather than being found on the homework page.
- There will no longer be a set discussion on the discussion page. Instead, it will now be used as a communication point between the children and myself and for them to ask questions or make comments. This is also where they can upload any writing tasks that they would like me to see. This is the only place for you to upload work. Please don’t upload anything to any other parts of the website as I won’t be able to see it.
- I will be school based Monday and Tuesday and working from home Wednesday and Thursday. Therefore, if you do upload any work, ask questions or make any comments on the discussion page just be aware that I won’t see these till Wednesday or Thursday.
Each week, on the weekly blog you will find:
- 5 a day activity sheets - there are two sheets, sheets A and B. You do not have to do both. You can pick the one you would like to do. Choose Sheet A if you want to be more stretched.
- Maths No Problem. Workbook 2B, Chapter 13, Worksheets 11 to 14, over the week. If you would like to pick up your Maths No Problem textbook from school you can now do so, in order for you to write directly into your book rather than downloading these worksheets.
- A Maths mat (NEW)
- 2 x Writing Tasks Listen to this story, The Pirate Cruncher, on https://youtu.be/Ro5S_UdvWkI
- A SPAG mat (NEW)
- 2 x Comprehension Tasks (NEW) Lots of the comprehensions uploaded over the coming weeks will have 3 levels of questioning per title. You do not do all three. You can pick the one you would like to do. Choose the third set of questions if you want to be more stretched.
- Creative Task - In this video, the author / illustrator of The Pirate Cruncher shows you how to draw a pirate. Can you use some of his techniques to create your own illustrations? https://youtu.be/lF5-fhNDxU0
You will also find:
- 5 Mathletics tasks (for the week)
- New spellings on Spellodrome
- Times Table Rockstars
I know it all seems very new and different but I am sure we will get used to it soon enough.
Have a good week and make sure you include lots of play and outdoor activities into your routine.
Bye for now
Mrs Mackay J